Title: WHERE'S THE FOOD - Oil on Canvas (24' x 30")
WTF food is almost entirely comprised of toxic ingredients that makes it is more suited for a lab table than the dining table. One ingredient is the excitotoxin Monosodium Glutamate (MSG). It is a flavour-enhancing food additive. Symptoms of MSG sensitivity include flushing, stomach cramps, nausea, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness and more.
It is also associated with several serious illnesses, especially those affecting the brain like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Lou Gehrig’s disease. Its other ingredients like hydrolyzed protein, autolyzed yeast extract, yeast and soy extract also contain MSG. The WTF secret ingredient is primarily MSG but also sodium phosphate which is another additive that intensifies flavours. It has been linked to organ damage, especially the kidneys. Other ingredients include:
• Sodium benzoate (a food preservative that may lead to asthma attacks, high blood pressure, stroke and an increased risk for heart and kidney disease).
• Sodium nitrite (a preservative used to cure various meats and make them look fresh - its consumption is linked to pancreatic cancer).
• Propylene glycol (an alcohol-based additive that is also found in antifreeze, paint, and plastics - it is toxic to the liver and kidneys, and can also cause neurological and heart problems).
• Fructose (it is derived from high fructose corn syrup HFCS, a huge contributor to obesity and is associated to an increased risk for type-2 diabetes and heart disease).
• Acrylamide (a chemical that causes cancer).
• Red #40 and Yellow #5 (the most used food dyes that can cause allergies and attention deficit
• Genetically modified soy ingredient (a phytoestrogen that will act like estrogen in the body).
Last but not least, these foods are cooked in toxic trans-fats (partly hydrogenated GMO derived vegetable oils) for which the dangers include heart, kidney and liver problems as well as hypertension and strokes.
The chicken used by most fast food restaurants is of very poor quality and is full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones; all of which we ingest when we consume the meat.
Furthermore, these chickens are also subject to cruel and inhumane treatment. They are crammed into poop-filled closed sheds where they never see daylight. Horrific videos have emerged that show workers stomping on chickens or placing them alive into boiling water to remove the feathers more easily.